[Piuparts-devel] calling piuparts-master

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Mar 4 13:35:32 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

On Sonntag, 3. März 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> I'm thinking about writing a wrapper around piuparts-master and changing
> the calling scheme.
> * slave does not need to know master-directory or PYTHONPATH on master

why does the slave need to know this now? Seems wrong to me... (well,
PYTHONPATH it needs to know, but thats not hard.)

> * slave does not run a complicted shell command line via ssh
> * authorized_keys can be restricted to allow running exactly this
> wrapper without arguments

the 2nd argument is a good one, the 1st not so much.

> This should make virtualized and distributed setups easier.

I'm not yet fully convinced....

> How should we call this wrapper?

piuparts-master? (and call the current master master-backend or such)
piuparts-overlord? :-)
piuparts-secretary? masters-secretary? piuparts-master-secretary?