[Piuparts-devel] pull: feature/restrict-master-access (was: Re: RFC: preview/restrict-master-access)

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sun Mar 10 11:36:17 UTC 2013

Andreas Beckmann (10):
      p-m: rename to piuparts-master-backend.py
      p-m: add new wrapper script piuparts-master
      p-s/p-m: pass section via stdin instead of command line
      p-s/p-m: move chdir and stderr logging to master wrapper
      p-s: simplify ssh command
      p-s: stop using master-directory
      p-s: stop using (master's) log-file
      p.conf: use simple master-command
      p-s.deb: restrict slave's ssh key to only allow running
piuparts-master
      p-s: support empty master command

On 2013-03-09 20:12, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Samstag, 9. März 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> it needs more testing (including setting up an instance from the .deb
>> packages)
>> but I'd really like to see this in 0.50
>
> then no. I really want to upload 0.50 now.

with some minor fixes this has been running in my instance for a few
hours (and previous versions over the last week) and it also worked
nicely in a .deb installation in virtualbox, so I happily declare this
feature as ready :-)

>> - we have a lot of renaming in 0.50, so just one more
>
> we have lots of (already tested) changes and one point one has to say "no,
> that's for the next release".

and now I've actually run out of features that are ready for 0.50 :-)
some documentation updates may still come

>> - we are getting to a point where others could actually run piuparts in
>>   master-slave setup from packages

and that's one more reason to change the master interface *now* and not
later after people started deploying more instances, because I don't
want to add maintainer script code that modifies known_hosts beyond
initial creation