[Piuparts-devel] faster-rdep-calc

Dave Steele dsteele at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 05:19:19 UTC 2013

faster-rdep-count (10) and rdep-chain-len (3) are reworked and
rebased, should you choose to use them.

The speed improvement works for me on piuparts-report. I haven't
characterized master.

I wasn't able to prove an improvement from adding chain length as a
criterion for picking 'reserve' packages. I still like the concept.

Considering alternatives as reverse dependency links (a branch not
shown here) also does not appear to make a significant difference in
clearing dependency relationships in the waiting queue, and causes
other problems.There is some other effect that is causing
waiting-for-dependency blocks to hang around.

BTW, slave_start needs a corresponding slave_stop, featuring tmp
directory cleanup. A master flush and unreserve option would be nice
as well.