[Piuparts-devel] pull for-holger

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sun May 12 20:38:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-12 22:30, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Sonntag, 12. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> Andreas Beckmann (7):
>>       detect_piuparts_issues: detect another tar error
>>       post_*_squeeze-backports: some special handling needed
>
> why do "apt-get -t squeeze-backports dist-upgrade" at all?

we don't :-)

> I don't get the point. Normal usecase is: have squeeze, install some sqeeze-
> backports, (dist-)upgrade to wheezy?

bpo may contain some updated packages that are in the minimal squeeze
chroot. in a squeeze->bpo test these updates may be pulled by some
package (use case: soemthing depends on the newer insserv from
backports) but not when upgrading the reference system from squeeze to
bpo (because we don't use dist-upgrade -t )

This is not a problem for squeeze2bpo2wheezy, but for just testing the
backported package in squeeze