[Piuparts-devel] dwke wishlist - global report of all failed logs

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Mon May 13 09:40:34 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-09 04:48, Dave Steele wrote:
> dwke.py is not a perfect home for what you are asking. It is templated
> on the previous shell script, and so doesn't have visibility beyond
> the current section. I've noted that I believe dwke should be
> eventually subsumed into piuparts-lib and piuparts-report - in the
> long term, I wouldn't add significantly to its responsibilities.

piuparts-report also does not have visibility over sections ...

> The barebones version of this doesn't need dwke. piuparts-report by
> itself can come close, based on htdocs section fail directory
> listings. A compliant implementation involving dwke implies another
> (dreaded) template file (this one persistent) and a class to support
> it.

I know it would be a rather crude "hack". But right now I'd like to see
something like this to aid me reporting the new bugs arising in unstable
and testing ... and I don't really want to scan through all the probably
80+ sections I have right now.

even if dwke create a full html file that is minimally templated, that
should help ... integration needs to be done later

> All in all it doesn't sound like a prescription for a clean review and
> merge process. Are you sure about this?

Unfortunately. Yes.