[Piuparts-devel] pull: feature/multislaves

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 14 15:26:06 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-14 17:18, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> sometimes slave_run only starts SLAVENUM-1 slaves. I fail to understand
>> why...

for 4 slaves, they should be started in screen windows 1..4 labeled
slave1, ..., slave4 with screen window 0 being a plain shell

> also, right now two slaves are testing testing2sid, which also should not
> happen.

yes, that should happen :-)

you can run multiple slaves in two ways:

* in separate directories (so they can process the same section)
* in the same directory (they can't process the same section)

and of course, you also mix this :-)

I implemented the first variant in slave_run, as that is probably more
useful is there is only one section that needs to be processed.

the second variant is supported in the slave by using lockfiles, just in
case you manually start a second slave in the wrong directory