[Piuparts-devel] pull: feature/rpy2

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 14 16:01:03 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-14 17:11, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> next iteration, please test both variants
>
> testing...
>
> I can still see the color diff, the image made with rpy2 is more blurry and
> the colors are worse.
>
> on a third look I think I now why: anti-aliasing. The font does look nicer
> with rpy2 but now it seems to me this has made the whole pic blurry and not
> just the text.

The only blurry thing I see is the color boxes in the legend, they can
be fixed by

grdevices.png(file=pngfile, width=1600, height=900, pointsize=10,
res=100, antialias="none")

There are a few vertical gaps ... let's blame R :-)
They will disappear if there are a few more data points to plot.

> counts.txt attached so you can see yourself.
>
>> the font looks a little diffewrent due to antialiasing done by the
>> engine used by rpy2, but otherweise I don't see a difference
>
> me nods.
>
> now I remember the flaw from the last time: the missing suite name.

hmm, well, that variable is not defined in the plotting code I extracted
from p-r.py :-)

>> I'd like to see this in 0.51, too
>
> why?

to get rid of obsolete stuff :-)