[Piuparts-devel] known_problems:*conf: ISSUE=

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 21 10:44:44 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-21 12:30, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's the purpose of the ISSUE variable in known_problems:*conf ? In the
> past, the suffix _error.conf or _issue.conf did (probably suboptimally)
> indicate the type, now I see this:

The inconsistent ISSUE variable has been there forever, I'm not sure
what it is/was being used for :-)
Today we should only have two different (ISSUE, WHERE) pairs in use ...

Maybe a candidate for decrufting ...

I'd also like to get rid of WHERE (that's a nasty enumeration of all the
directories copied into every file) and the _issue/_error suffix (and
have only one .conf file per pattern). Not sure how to accomplish this.