[Piuparts-devel] known_problems:*conf: ISSUE=

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 21 11:08:22 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-21 12:50, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 21. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>>> indicate the type, now I see this:
>> The inconsistent ISSUE variable has been there forever, I'm not sure
>> what it is/was being used for :-)
>
> ok
>
>> Today we should only have two different (ISSUE, WHERE) pairs in use ...
>> Maybe a candidate for decrufting ...
>
> definitly, then!
>
>> I'd also like to get rid of WHERE (that's a nasty enumeration of all the
>> directories copied into every file)
>
> yes
>
>> and the _issue/_error suffix (and
>
> I think we need either ISSUE or _issue/_error suffix
>
>> have only one .conf file per pattern). Not sure how to accomplish this.
>
> If we have one per pattern, we can also move to having one file instead of
> many.
>

> So currently the _issue/_error suffix is used and not ISSUE.

For each pattern we can have three states:
* check only error logs
* check only pass logs
* check both

With the python re change we can probably affort to
* check each pattern on all logs
since most patterns already exist as _issue and _error nowadays.
And leave the decision what to present (and what to ignore) to the
reporting part.

There are usually small differences in the TITLE (aka HEADER) and
LINKTEXT (linktarget_by_template in piuparts-report.py) between issue
and error configs.

Maybe we could have
TITLE_PASS
LINK_PASS
TITLE_FAIL
LINK_FAIL
in the .conf (where TITLE_$foo and LINK_$foo must be either both set or
both unset to be well formed) and everything that is set will generate a
corresponding page in the report.