[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger, RFC-or-pull feature/virtual-merged-distros

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 28 11:02:50 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-28 12:48, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> feature/virtual-merged-distros
>> Andreas Beckmann (6):
>>       distros.conf: add virtual squeeze-proposed, wheezy-proposed
>
> I'm really undecided whether I want this like this, as this adds two more full

adding stuff to distros.conf does not add a single log somewhere :-)

> distros, thus 60k in logs and 40k (or so) in maintainer and source html
> packages. Which are generated daily.

and in less than an hour

> So I'm wondering if we should replace squeeze by squeeze-proposed instead.
>
> OTOH, then we cannot compare them to squeeze proper anymore. Hm...
>
>>       lib/db: add load_packages_urls() methods
>>       lib/conf: add get_{packages,sources}_urls() stubs
>>       p-[msr]: switch to load_packages_urls()
>>       lib/conf: resolve candidates to multiple URLs
>
> why would a candidate have several URLs?

candidates = set of packages to be tested
if we are going to merge several packages files, we need more than one
url, so that we can cherry pick the newest versions from all of them

while we could have a partial distribution of wheezy-proposed-updates,
that does not easily allow testing the effect the updated packages have
on other packages in wheezy

and of course we can do the same with oldstable