[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger, RFC-or-pull feature/virtual-merged-distros

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue May 28 14:42:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Dienstag, 28. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> stable/updates = security
> stable-updates = former volatile (non-security frequent updates: tzdata,
> clamav, ...)

ah, right, maybe put this into the comments?

And use them basically always?! For stable and olstable, cause else they don't
exist.

 > [squeeze-proposed-updates]
> > depends = squeeze
> >
> > Why doesn't this ^^ depend on squeeze/updates instead?
>
> because that is a single partial distribution
> and distros.conf needs to support any partial distro separately, s.t.
> they can be used as building blocks for arbitrary combos

ok. maybe also add these as a comment, where applicable:

# building-box distro

or such.

> we may not need to support all combinations in piuparts.conf, though

good :)

> > [squeeze-backports-sloppy]
> >
> > ^^should be enabled :-)
>
> How?
>
> squeeze-bpo-sloppy (partial distro)
> squeeze2bpo-sloppy
> squeeze2bpo-sloppy2???

I'd say squeeze2bpo-sloppy2wheezy(bpo) is probably most interesting. And until
we can do this (sensibly), let's just do squeeze2bpo-sloppy.