[Piuparts-devel] pull or cherry-pick new p.conf sections

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu May 30 09:59:09 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-30 11:48, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>>>       p.conf.pejacevic: [wheezy2proposed]
>> preseed from wheezy, including counts.txt
>> preseeding/hardlinking: it's ok to use cp -al for pass/, but not for
>> counts.txt
>
> done this now, but did not include counts.txt. (Why fake history?)

in case we want to retire wheezy in favor of wheezy-proposed some day,
it would be nice to preserve the wheezy history
but you are right, there is no comparable history for wheezy2proposed

and you may want to keep the archived wheezy logs somewhere "accessible"

concerning rescheduling: we should probably stop rescheduling wheezy
(that's a static target with some jumps at point releases where it
"syncs" to wheezy-proposed) and only reschedule wheezy-proposed