[Piuparts-devel] upgrade tests with no version in upgraded distro

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Fri May 31 12:35:58 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-31 14:24, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some upgrade tests are done, when there is no version in the upgraded distro,
> eg. http://piuparts.debian.org/wheezy2jessie/pass/uim-qt3_None.log which
> exists in wheezy, but not in jessie.
>
> As a sympton, running adequate on the non installed package failed.

I thought I had fixed this ...

> But, I dont think piuparts should test these packages at all:

I think these are very important tests.
Package X exists in $release. No longer in $release+1. What happens if
we upgrade from $release to $release+1?
Oh, someone again forgot to add appropriate Conflicts/Breaks/Replaces ...
Of course in that case we should not run some tests that expect the
package to be installed :-)