[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger (was: Re: Cron <piupartsm at pejacevic> /srv/piuparts.debian.org/share/piuparts/master/generate_daily_report)

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Wed Oct 30 19:39:15 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-30 11:36, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>>> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/experimental/main/binary-amd64/
>>> there are only Packages.gz and Packages.xz, Packages.bz2 is missing
>> As a quick workaround, disable experimental and sid2experimental in the
>> [global] sections = ... setting.
>
> yeah, but no. I'll rather take it as a reminder to fix #711157 ASAP.

Andreas Beckmann (4):
      Revert "packagesdb.py: log with facility info in
load_packages_urls()."
      open_packages_url: switch to urllib2 and add error handling
      open_packages_url: try .gz if .bz2 is not available
      update special cases for experimental

that seems to work in its hacky way, but would need some more changes to
improve URL handling ...

I'm not sure about .xz - only python 3.3 has a lzma module

Are there uncompressed Packages files somewhere? Should we support them?