[Piuparts-devel] why should debsums care about obsolete conffiles?

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Apr 24 08:43:56 UTC 2014

tags 689508 + help
tags 744398 + help
thanks

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Raphael Herzog wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > FTR, debsums should not ignore *all* "obsolete" Conffiles entries (that
> > would be trivial), but only those for files not longer "owned" by the
> > package in question.
> Yes.

I don't get why debsums should care about obsolete conffiles? (Assuming they are marked as obsolete in /var/lib/dpkg/status...) - could you please explain?

I'd really like to see #744398, it's currently severly affecting piuparts.d.o testing of sid, testing2sid and some other suites. (Which I only can easily "workaround" by disabling debsums tests there..)

(Im also unsure whether to merge #689508 and #744398, currently I leave them seperated to keep some more clarity.)

Oh, and btw, should we formally orphan debsums?

This is on a freshly debootstrapped sid system, the .bak file is from directly after running deboostrap, the .sid file is from directly after running dist-upgrade for the first time...

# cp /etc/init/startpar-bridge.conf.bak /etc/init/startpar-bridge.conf
# debsums -e  startpar
/etc/init/startpar-bridge.conf                                            FAILED
# debsums -e  sysvinit-utils
/etc/init/startpar-bridge.conf                                                OK
# cp /etc/init/startpar-bridge.conf.sid /etc/init/startpar-bridge.conf
# debsums -e  startpar