[Piuparts-devel] [Piuparts-commits] [piuparts] 01/02: piuparts.conf.pejacevic: add new suite: jessie2proposed.

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Dec 6 11:21:13 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

On Samstag, 6. Dezember 2014, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > +#	jessie-proposed
> I think you should enable that, too, to have a plain install+purge test.

we don't have it enabled for wheezy neither...

> But jessie-proposed is the full distro, that's not so interesting here,
> better use jessie-pu (only the tpu packages)

so change what?

> we have two things that we can test here
>
> * only test upgrades of the packages that have a newer version in tpu
>   (in that case use distro=jessie-proposed-updates)

I think that's the interesting thing to do here.

> * test full upgrades of jessie to tpu ... ideally would need
> rescheduling rdepends whenever something new pops up in tpu
> (to test the impact of the tpu packages)

how is that different from above?

feel free to accompany your words with a picture painted with git commits ;)

> regarding upgrade issues ... we could add wheezy2jessie-proposed
> (or just change wheezy2jessie to
> /upgrade-test-distros/s/jessie/jessie-proposed/)

I think wheezy2jessie should test just that and not jessie-proposed. IOW: the
labels should reflect what they do :)