[Piuparts-devel] /etc/systemd/system/

Michael Biebl biebl at debian.org
Wed Feb 5 22:46:18 UTC 2014

Am 05.02.2014 23:40, schrieb Andreas Beckmann:
> On 2014-02-05 23:29, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> I vaguely remember that the problem was something else, i.e.
>> init-system-helpers having been uninstalled before the package is purged
>> and as a result there is no chance to clean up /etc/systemd fully.
>
> For the problematic text we treat i-s-h as fake-essential, i.e. it is
> installed at the very beginning (s.t. it is installed in the reference
> system) and never purged.
>
>> So, shipping /etc/systemd/system in i-s-h isn't really going to help
>> unless I miss something.
>
> Installing i-s-d does not create this, so they don't exist in the
> reference system (that is compared against after installing and purging
> the packages to be tested). They come into existence once i-s-h is
> triggered by installing some package but are not cleaned up during
> removal, so this does not match the reference system throwing piuparts
> errors. Shipping them will solve this, as they already exist in the
> reference system.

I don't understand all of what you are saying here, but if you say that
shipping /etc/systemd/system in init-system-helpers will fix the
piuparts problems, then we can certainly add that directory to the package.

It's just that I was under the impression that the problem wasn't the
directory /etc/systemd/system itself, but the subdirectories and
symlinks in there which are created by i-s-h.
I don't see how shipping /etc/systemd/system in i-s-h would fix that and
magically clean up everything in there. That's all I was trying to say.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?