[Piuparts-devel] 01/01: reschedule packages also on testing2sid

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Feb 8 14:49:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Samstag, 8. Februar 2014, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> On 2014-02-08 15:04, Holger Levsen wrote:
> >> Andreas Beckmann (1):
> >>       p-m: log connect/disconnect with timestamp
> > thats in for-holger?
> yes

merged, pushed + running, thanks.

> > well, if the logfile is in a failed state and blogs other packages from
> > being
> Failed logs shouldn't write blogs. :-)

:-)

I ment "blocks" as in prevents though... and currently there have been 5000
untested packages for testing2sid because of this. So this is a real problem.

> *Failed logs get recycled* ... just increase the reschedule-fail-count
> to not run into such "deadlocks" regularily, maybe from 25 to 50 and
> reduce expire-fail-days from 25 to 15, I have experienced this myself
> for sid-bl only that has a huge number of failures.

/me nods. 50 and 2 weeks seems reasonable. Also, as they get *recycled*, no
harm will be done :-)

> > tested, there is harmm done. also its not really useful to keep a log
> > (whether buggy or not) if the actual upgrade path tested in it doesnt
> > exist any more.
> but passed real-upgrade logs may still contain interesting artefacts
> that didn't cause a failure, (I don't have a good example here right now
> ..) retesting them with a no-op upgrade will destroy them.

yes, so be it. if the package has migrated it has migrated. testing users are
expected to have some such problems. I really dont think we should run
piuparts on snapshot.d.o ;-)

also, how to prevent the problem we had, with 5000 untested packages...

> Hmm, should we have a --reinstall switch that does apt-get install
> --reinstall immediately after installation?

I fail to understand how this is related...

> > I like your fancy recycling stuff, but sometimes "force" is easier...
> and maybe *thinking...* I got an idea to ensure rescheduling progress
> for fail even if the queue is full :-)

Cool. I do like *thinking* more than *force* ;-)