[Piuparts-devel] unittests in piuparts

Matthias Schmitz matthias at sigxcpu.org
Fri Jan 10 21:06:15 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

to start with piuparts i would like to reorganise the unittests a
little. The attached patch (also as pull-request at Holgers Github
repository [1]) moves the unittests to the "tests" directory and uses
nosetests for test discovery and execution. The included nosetests
configuration also creates a test coverage report (which i alway use
to find my holes in testing ;) ) in build/html.

I also added the nosetests call to the Makefile target "check".

It would be nice if you could give me feedback and maybe a
disscussion how unit testing in piuparts should go further.

Please cc: me until i could join the list (the confirmation mail is
still missing...).

Best wishes,
Matthias

[1] https://github.com/h01ger/piuparts/pull/1