[Piuparts-devel] fixing is_installed() ....

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue Jan 28 11:49:24 UTC 2014

this is only the first independent bit I found so far ...

Andreas Beckmann (1):
      p: create piuparts-depends-dummy.deb with gzip compression

Look for (lenny?) logs with "data.tar.xz" ...

Then we are running into uninstallability problems of the dummy package
... one is due to conflicts/provides/replaces that the metapackage
should not inherit (perl-base)

After installing the dummy with dpkg we run apt-get -yf to install the
dependencies. But in some cases apt does consider to remove our dummy
... so far this has been ignored (look for 'ignoring request to remove
piuparts-depends-dummy', but only reschedule after we found a solution).
Is there a way to make apt not consider removing the dummy package?