[Piuparts-devel] problems with the new detect well known problems

Dave Steele dsteele at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 00:04:18 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Sonntag, 1. Juni 2014, Dave Steele wrote:
>> Is make processing
>> @sharedir@ properly?
>
> how to tell?

Is the default for the conf variable 'known-problem-directory' in
detect_well_known_errors correct? Is there a value in piuparts.conf
that overrides that?

>> > Third: looking at the code, I've seen that all those ISSUE=(0|1)
>> > definitions in known_problems/*.conf have become obsolete and should be
>> > removed. ...
>>
>> ISSUE predates me. ... I wouldn't
>> delete them until the integration of dwke into piuparts-report is
>> complete...
>
> what's missing?

Code in piuparts-report to obsolete linktarget_by_template, and remove
dependencies on the known-problem conf file names. That may require a
rework of the conf files to allow different language/filters for the
issue vs. error case.

> do you have commits to pick?

Not really. the code is halfway down a different path.

--
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien" - Voltaire