[Piuparts-devel] remaining updates targeting for jessie (was: Bug#770732: piuparts and jessie, pre-upload unblock request questions)

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sun Nov 30 18:47:19 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-29 12:02, Holger Levsen wrote:
> anything else which should go into 0.61 now? I'll probably wait for the upload 
> til monday until you tell me earlier you have no pending changes...

Andreas Beckmann (13):
      detect_piuparts_issues: look for a new tar error message
      use mysql for otrs2 installation in squeeze
      p: preserve domain setting in /etc/resolv.conf
      add purge workaround for polgen-doc (lenny, non-free)
      scripts-leftovers: enable database purging for more mysql servers
      scripts: update special cases for experimental
      Revert "custom-scripts: add debugging output for resolvconf. (See
      scripts: remove debugging output for resolvconf
      distros.conf: add *updates, *backports, *proposed for jessie
      p.conf.anbe: update various limits
      add changelog entry for scripts updates
      add trailing colons to bug template subjects to encourage giving
more details
      add fails_to_upgrade_from_jessie* bug templates

I have seen some spurious errors regarding the resolv.conf change,
preserving the 'domain' line as well seems to fix them.

E.g. https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/xmail_1.27-1.2.log

Please retest resolvconf with these changes as well as all failures with
spurious errors (maybe all failures including bugged in *jessie* *sid*
*experimental*, at least these with pre/postinst errors).

Thereafter we have one more patch for jessie that should be the last one
to be cherry-picked before you s/UNRELEASED/unstable/:

Andreas Beckmann (1):
      distros.conf: switch 'testing' to 'stretch', deactivate it for stable

and one to revert this immediately after the 0.61 release:

Andreas Beckmann (1):
      distros.conf: switch testing back to jessie for starting with 0.62

I hope that's it for 0.61 and jessie.
(If we need to change anything w.r.t eatmydata, we could branch this off
from 0.61 in case develop already contains non-freeze-qualifying commits.


More information about the Piuparts-devel mailing list