[Piuparts-devel] when to remove python2 support? (was Re: [py3porters-devel] [Needs Port] piuparts.debian.org

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Apr 28 12:29:19 UTC 2015

Hi Bernhard,

On Montag, 27. April 2015, Bernhard Janetzki wrote:
> i had to rewrite some import statements using the six lib:
> - i’ll need some more six functionality for the upcoming refactoring
> - if we need to remove py2 support in some years (haha), it’s much easier
> to search for the six stuff and eliminate it
> - cleaner syntax
> commit c23f83e524f4c6ffa3f17f5f76d63902507b994c

cool, cherry-picked, thanks!

And re: "if we need to remove py2 support in some years (haha)" - I'm not sure
why we shouldn't remove python2 support in a *few* *months*! As long as the
new python3 codebase keeps working with python3 in wheezy, jessie and stretch.
And I'm not even really sure how useful it is to keep it running in wheezy -
opinions or advice anyone?