[Piuparts-devel] amd64+i386 (was: Re: some more exceptions)

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu Jan 15 13:29:21 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-15 13:48, Holger Levsen wrote:
> So you have amd64+i386 already in piuparts.conf.anbe - how does the current
> master handle this, as the logfiles contain no arch in their name nor path?!

1 section = 1 architecture
different sections can have different architectures as they don't touch
each other
I usually try to run a fair share in i386 to get some exposure of the
packages specific to one architecture, e.g. [foo]:amd64, but
[foo-rcmd,foo-nodocs]:i386, [squeeze-lfs]:amd64, [squeeze2lfs2wheezy]:i386
but somehow this doesn't scale well ... and doesn't cover all corner cases

and for other cases I do full duplication:
[wheezy2jessie-rcmd], [wheezy2jessie-rcmd_i386]

Blowing up to real full manyarch support would be a big project, maybe
something for GSoC? Would probably need a database backend for the
master+report side. And needs a concept first. And TIME.