[Piuparts-devel] False positive on piuparts.d.o for drupal7 7.38-1

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu Jun 18 18:17:52 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-18 19:07, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> It stumbles on the installation of mysql-server, which for some reason
> cannot be successfully started; it does not seem to me to be caused by
> the drupal7 package.

https://bugs.debian.org/787864

But it may not be a mysql problem either, since the exact same package
works fine in jessie(-pu).

Any help in debugging this is welcome :-)
It's reproducible manually in a sid chroot (e.g. pbuilder):

  DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install mysql-server
  service mysql start

Andreas

PS: mysql-server (or postgresql) is installed (even if not listed in
Depends) and started for a manually maintained list of packages
(including drupal) that are happier if they are installed with a running
database server available.
Such failures do not generate a "dependency-failed-testing" state.