[Piuparts-devel] [py3porters-devel] py3 patches removed and move to python3 branch

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 5 01:11:26 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-04 18:38, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> On Montag, 4. Mai 2015, Bernhard Janetzki wrote:
>>> that's indeed very good. Maybe you could also think of some test cases to
>>> be added so such errors are caught by the test suite? ;-)
>> I already thought about this. Do you think it’s okay to rely on a working
>> ssh setup (piupartsm user and so) for the test cases? We also could skip
>> the ssh stuff for the tests, not sure...
>
> I dont think its ok nor practible to rely on a working ssh setup. If you can
> provide one (=set it up, during tests), fine, else it should also be enough to
> test master-slave mode directly, that is, without ssh.

SSH is only used as an easy way to get authentication and encryption
over the network. master runs fine without - there are a few
undocumented debug commands in the protocol for manual usage :-)
You'll probably run into another deficiency while implementing some
tests: the hardcoded config files in /etc/piuparts/, there is a
long-standing todo item about it :-)