[Piuparts-devel] piuparts failure for bacula-director-pgsql 7.4.3+dfsg-4

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Aug 30 07:34:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:36:27AM +0200, Carsten Leonhardt wrote:
> I see a failure here:
> https://piuparts.debian.org/experimental/bugged/bacula-director-pgsql_7.4.3+dfsg-4.log
> And this is from the log:
>
>   The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>    postgresql : Depends: postgresql-9.5 but it is not going to be installed
>   E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>
> So am I right that this is not actually a problem with
> bacula-director-pgsql?

well, yes, more or less:

bacula-director-pgsql depends on postgresql which depends on
postgresql-9.5 which is currently uninstallable.

The reason that postgresql-9.5 is uninstallable is a problem "somewhere
else" (eg in postgresql-9.5's depends, though I haven't checked) but
this problem causes bacula-director-pgsql to be uninstallable…

This *could* be related to / caused by the
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-openssl.html which
according to tracker.debian.org/bacula bacula is part of.

	Holger (haven't actually looked any log to write this mail…)