[Piuparts-devel] ruby-activesupport-2.3_2:4.1.8-1+deb8u1 / jessie2proposed

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sat Feb 20 19:53:34 UTC 2016

https://piuparts.debian.org/jessie2proposed/fail/ruby-activesupport-2.3_2:4.1.8-1+deb8u1.log

>   The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>    ruby-activesupport-2.3 : Depends: ruby-activesupport (>= 2:4) but it is not going to be installed
>   E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

This already fails in plain jessie:
https://piuparts.debian.org/jessie/affected/ruby-activesupport-2.3_2:4.1.8-1.log

> I suspect this is due to #798712, which the ruby-defaults 1:2.1.5+deb8u2
> upload in p-u fixes.

Correct.

> Would a jessie2proposed test pull in just the
> single package being tested from p-u, or should it also install versions
> of dependent packages from p-u as well?

jessie2proposed won't help here.
That test starts with a installation from plain jessie, which already fails.
Thereafter jessie-proposed-updates would get added to the sources.list
and a dist-upgrade would be performed. So dependencies would be resolved
from pu as well.

But jessie-pu does:
https://piuparts.debian.org/jessie-pu/pass/ruby-activesupport-2.3_2:4.1.8-1+deb8u1.log
(initial installation from jessie + jessie-proposed-updates)