[Piuparts-devel] Missing depends on lsb-base, need your help

Santiago Vila sanvila at unex.es
Mon Oct 17 10:25:59 UTC 2016

Hello.

The policy-rc.d script solved my problem indeed.
(but see below for the "However" part).

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 12:40:30PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > On 2016-10-14 12:08, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > So: What's the package enabling this policy-rc.d thing?
> > both pbuilder and sbuild create that:
>
> and piuparts as well! :)

However (as opposed to building packages) I fail to see what's the
benefit of using policy-rc.d in piuparts.

Isn't piuparts designed / intended to check that installing and
removing a package works ok in a "living system"?

By using a policy-rc.d script, the emulation of a "living system"
will be incomplete and some real bugs (like the one we are discussing
here) will be missed.

Would you consider this for "piuparts-ng"?

Thanks a lot.