[Piuparts-devel] Missing depends on lsb-base, need your help

Santiago Vila sanvila at unex.es
Fri Oct 21 18:50:05 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 06:37:01PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Santiago,
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 08:28:38PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > debian/rules bugs regarding "dpkg-buildpackage -A" and ended up
> > reporting every package generating arch:all binaries which FTBFS in
> > testing...
>
> had all of these kind of FTBFS in unstable already been filed?

Most of them, but I am not 100% sure.

I started with packages generating both arch:all and arch:any. At some
point Lucas Nussbaum checked all packages in unstable generating at
least one arch:all binary (i.e. he considered pure arch:all packages
as well). From that point I started to check the same set of
packages in testing.

So if there is any package left in unstable which does not build with
"dpkg-buildpackage -A", it has not propagated to testing for some
other reason.

I prefer not to build or report in unstable because it is a lot more
difficult to do it right.

> > I almost say "ok, feel free to close this one and add it to the list
> > as well", but this thread I opened here was not even a bug report, so
> > there is really nothing to do which is not already done :-)
>
> :)
>
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> thanks for your feedback! (and for caring about the quality of Debian
> even more so! :)

You are welcome!