[Piuparts-devel] [stretch] Status on upgrade paths

Michael Biebl biebl at debian.org
Wed Apr 12 13:19:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am 12.04.2017 um 15:06 schrieb Andreas Beckmann:
> On 2017-04-12 13:26, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> I see you have been busy filing bugs for issues in the upgrade path.
>> Many thanks for that, it is greatly appreciated. :)
>>
>> Do you have an overview of how the upgrade paths are looking these days?
>>  Like how much have we tested vs. how much is missing?
>
> I don't think I have much backlog left (usually taking logs from my
> piuparts instance, we only recently started running more complicated
> upgrade paths on piuparts.d.o). But I don't always catch buggy uploads
> to sid that are unblocked+aged/2 :-)

Those automated upgrade tests are very appreciated. Thanks a lot for them!

We regularly get a report about
https://jenkins.debian.net/job/chroot-installation_jessie_install_gnome_upgrade_to_stretch_aptdpkg_first/
failing.

Regular dist-upgrades of GNOME (i.e. no separate apt/dpkg upgrade first)
work fine though.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever investigated this fully. It's most
likely caused by the libstdc++ transition and libsig++-2.0 being
involved in that.

Apparently in the past, it was recommended to upgrade apt and dpkg first
before a dist-upgrade. I see that the release notes for jessie no longer
do that. So I'm not sure if this is an issue which we should be
concerned about.

Regards,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?