[Piuparts-devel] renaming …222… to …22…

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Apr 13 15:07:17 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 12:10:27PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> If you want to use exact numbers of "2", maybe but a single letter
> between them: oldstable2s2t2sid etc.

IMO this becomes too hard to read…

> Do we also want to do upgrades *skipping* testing?

No. piuparts is a policy checker, upgrades skipping a release are not supported…

(And yes, you suggested a subtile difference… so maybe the answer is
rather: "maybe later".)

> We need more aliases in distros.conf ...

patches welcome :)

> > and then i'm pondering oldstable2222experimental and stable222experimental
> > too…
> I don't think this is helpful, we have too many problems with plain
> (sid2)experimental already.

so what? this way, we will see more problems. (And I believe I'd finally see
the munin bug you filed against munin in experimental myself ;)

> > (btw, yay patches, seen them, was just to lazy to properly reply and
> > ignore+comment some (eg the whitespace patch has non-whitespace related
> > changes))
> Which is effectively only whitespace :-)

brrrrrr

> And should stay whitespace if that variable ever changes :-)

I prefer to have things explicit.