[Piuparts-devel] testing more architectures with piuparts

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Apr 14 10:00:42 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 09:30:05AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > However, I realized today, that there is a cheap way out:
> > - rename piuparts.d.o to amd64.piuparts.d.o
> > - point piuparts.d.o at somewhere sensible (on amd64.piu….d.o)
> We would need to make sure that this part doesn't break all the
> services that use it or link to it.

of course.

that's actually the beauty of this solution: amd64 stays the same.

>That appears to be at minimum,
> release.d.o, UDD, PTS/tracker, DDPO and jenkins.

I actually cannot think of any other. And for the beginning we can keep all the
piuparts.do URLs working as they are. (And actually it's one URL: the json file…)

> > i386 was taken as an example here for any other arch, though i386 is at least
> > interesting because we still have some i386 only packages in the archive and
> > because i386 still has a bigger user base than most other archs.
> i386 is probably easier on the hardware side too.

so, any news on this? Can we please have an i386 slave to start setting this up?
Shall I create an RT ticket for this?