[Piuparts-devel] arm64 cloud resources for Debian use at packet.net

Hector Oron zumbi at debian.org
Sun Dec 10 12:09:34 UTC 2017

Hello,

  I have been wanting to send proper formal email about packet.net
donating resources to Debian, but I always keep delaying, so
discussing with holger he suggested me to contact you as you might
have good use for those resources to help on Debian QA (and other
Debian related) activities.

  About packet.net
  They have arm64 cloud hardware available, they got ThunderX
processors which have 96 cores with 128G of RAM.
  https://www.packet.net/bare-metal/servers/type-2a/
  The above can only run arm64 port, as it is aarch64 and it does not
support aarch32 (so no armhf is able to run there)
  In turn we are able to access new machine, not online which is
aarch32 capable, but it has 32GB of RAM instead 128GB.

  How to move forward
  If you are interested on it, it would be nice if you could do a
summary or write up of tasks you'd like to use these servers. Then we
can get in contact with packet.net and ask if they approve it.

  I am probably missing stuff, @steve or @riku feel free to add. If
you have questions, please ask them, it is not entirely clear to me
how we are going to interact with packet.net but we should start at
some point.

Regards,
--

<free spam>
-- Would you like to make a donation for Debian Conference?
   ** https://debconf18.debconf.org/sponsors/ **
</free spam>