[Piuparts-devel] arm64 cloud resources for Debian use at packet.net

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Sun Dec 10 18:49:24 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-10, Chris Lamb wrote:
>>   I have been wanting to send proper formal email about packet.net
>> donating resources to Debian

Nice!

>>   If you are interested on it, it would be nice if you could do a
>> summary or write up of tasks you'd like to use these servers
>
> Well, swapping hats quickly; the Reproducible Builds folks would
> basically "just" add them as yet more notes in the test framework
> (https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/)

The arm64 nodes we have now for Reproducible Builds already re-build
Debian quite fast, and while even faster would be nice...

New machines could used for the initial rebuilder framework
(e.g. attempting to verify/corroborate/validate builds of real-world
binaries shipped in the archive). Though maybe this would make more
sense to use a more conventional architecture such as amd64 to really
get the most benefit, at least at first.

live well,
  vagrant