[Piuparts-devel] timeout testing debian-design

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Jan 11 11:54:53 UTC 2017

Quoting Andreas Beckmann (2017-01-11 12:23:35)
> >> Failed again, seemingly same way - ends with "Process KILLED - exceed
> >> maximum run time".
> >
> > can you please try to reproduce this manually?
> > - first, just using debootstrap and a new chroot and apt
> > - second, using piuparts
>
> My piuparts instance runs with a higher timeout (at least 1 hour), but
> never managed to test design-desktop so far.

Oh. Interesting!

Does it hang idle at same place as the piuparts.debian.org logfiles
show, or somewhere else?

I noticed piuparts.debian.org logfiles mentions systemd being triggered
- that doesn't happen with my test environment (cowbuilder chroot).  My
outside host (my laptop) uses systemd init.

Do systemd get triggered for your install too, Andreas?

> Does the package install cleanly under DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
> ?

Tested again - this command succeeded (after 12 minutes - more cached):

time DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt install design-desktop

 - Jonas