[Piuparts-devel] increasing time, output limits?

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sat Jan 14 12:09:09 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-13 12:47, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:42:07PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> I'd propose to increase the test timeout from 30 minutes to 60 minutes
>> and the output limit from 3 MB to 8 MB.
>>
>> 8 MB seems to cater for daptup quite well and with the increasing number
>> of large meta packages I see a few timeouts on p.d.o ...
>
> makes sense, please send patches :)

Andreas Beckmann (8):
      document resolv.conf permission change and finally close #660350
      piuparts_issue: invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "restart" failed.
      p: increase output limit to 8 MB
      p: increase single command time limit to 60 minutes
      p-s: increase test timeout to 90 minutes
      do not test distupgrades of localepurge
      p.conf.anbe: [squeeze2wheezy-proposed]
      reschedule_piuparts_tests: a helper tool for recycling piuparts logs

If you take the last patch, you can run (as piupartsm):

    reschedule_piuparts_tests resource_violation_error

to recycle that problem class and rerun it with new limits.
(And I might send you more fancy recycling commands later on.)