[Piuparts-devel] for-0.76.1

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Jun 3 16:10:21 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Jun 01, 2017 at 11:47:46PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> I updated the aliases for stretch-as-stable and cherry-picked
> some bugfix commits, please apply to master (not develop!) and
> upload to unstable, but do not deploy:

I'm not sure I'll go that way, I might rather choose a develop-buster branch
or some such, and the keep deploying develop to piuparts.d.o…

> e3692f8a1 prepare for 0.76.1

I also think I'll call the next version 0.77 :-)

> 305888ed9 distros.conf: add alias for oldstable

huh, this sets oldstable=wheezy which will be obsoleted in 2 weeks?

> 0dee8237b distros.conf: add alias for oldoldstable

same/similar

> a2c6a197e distros.conf: update aliases for stretch being released as stable

that I'll take.

> 427105dba p-a: don't ignore Ctrl-C

not for stretch

> d24faf238 post_setup_zz_backports: improve systemd/udev handling for jessie-backports

not for stretch

> 38019cf46 post_distupgrade_zz_backports: improve systemd/udev handling for jessie2bpo

not for stretch

> 09f3eb95f post_distupgrade_base_cleanup: remove sysvinit from stretch

I might take this one…

> 6f4f78e31 Update navigation to point to piuparts.conf-template.pejacevic.

I might take this one…

> 593a92ce1 drop manual mysql -> mariadb migration workaround

this one might be useful, but… we're really really late in the freeze…

> b721b9c58 stop_slave: don't hardcode paths

not for stretch

> 742ec119a whitespace cleanup

not for stretch

if you made those suggestions 2-3 weeks earlier, I'd probably maybe would have
taken them, but right now I don't want risk anything anymore.

We could maybe aim for 0.77.1 for the first stretch point release, but I'd
rather call it 0.78 and upload that to stretch backports once it's in buster.

> (most of these already have your Signed-off-by, so don't add a second one)

git should handle that by itself, no?!?

> Also filed an unblock request for it: #863916

a bit to early, IMHO…

> Once this is in, I'll prepare a merge commit for develop,
> to be applied on Jun 17 evening :-)

I'm not sure I want to deploy anything non-101%-trivial on that evening ;-)