[Piuparts-devel] first batch for 0.78

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Mon Jun 12 15:26:59 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-12 13:53, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> please come up with a better section name for the last commit
>> it's a reproducer for #864597
>
> hmmm, thats a tough one… and actually now that I stare on this, nack on the last
> one, the commit message doesnt match the content (which is about wheezy2Xjessie)…

the commit message was correct, but ... :-(
thanks for proof reading ;-)

> re: the name: I really dunno, maybe jessie2Xstretch-rcmd would be better? (and
> then accordingly, 22X and 222X…)

If we really want to do *22X ... I don't think it will show new
problems. But we should do jessie2Xstretch, too,
I'll add that one once -rcmd is finished.

>> should we do something about the discrepancy between
>> "dist-upgrade" (apt) and "distupgrade" (piuparts)?
>
> I think so, and I think we should follow apt… :)

I did that now for the new option, and added a ToDo for the reminder.

f62dfc7c7 p.conf: set keyring for archived distros to debian-archive-removed-keys.gpg
2f4defefb remove changelog entries that are also in 0.77
c48924c8d p: rename --upgrade-before-distupgrade to --upgrade-before-dist-upgrade
7c18b2c7d p.conf: [jessieX2stretch-rcmd] --install-recommends --upgrade-before-dist-upgrade

The first one is a candidate for stretch, in case we will ever do an
update there. But I only noticed this after the new keyring packages
arrived and 0.77 was already out.