[Piuparts-devel] tzdata: purging tzdata leaves dangling /etc/localtime symlink

Michael Biebl biebl at debian.org
Wed Mar 22 15:46:07 UTC 2017

Control: found -1 2017a-1

On Sat, 04 Feb 2017 14:07:33 +0100 Andreas Beckmann <anbe at debian.org> wrote:
> Package: tzdata
> Version: 2016j-2
> Severity: important
> User: debian-qa at lists.debian.org
> Usertags: piuparts
>
> Hi,
>
> during a test with piuparts I noticed your package left unowned files on
> the system after purge, which is a violation of policy 6.8 (or 10.8):
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-maintainerscripts.html#s-removedetails
>
> Filing this as important as having a piuparts clean archive is a release
> goal since lenny.
>
> >From the attached log (scroll to the bottom...):
>
> 0m36.2s ERROR: FAIL: Package purging left files on system:
>   /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/UTC	 not owned

That bug seems to be still unfixed in the latest version

https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/tzdata_2017a-1.log

0m17.0s ERROR: FAIL: After purging files have disappeared:
  /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/UTC	 not owned

0m17.0s ERROR: FAIL: Installation and purging test.

This now blocks other packages, like evolution-data-server, from
entering testing.
universe are pointed away from Earth?