[Piuparts-devel] tzdata: purging tzdata leaves dangling /etc/localtime symlink

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Wed Mar 22 16:09:31 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-22 17:02, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Well, the log says that tzdata_2017a-1 was installed and tested.
> Now I'm confused. Can you explain what piuparts is doing there?

And piuparts expects the chroot after the test to be in the same state
as before the test. But that chroot was created with the previous
version of tzdata installed, which was purged in a further minimizing
step, but left that dangling symlink ... and got stored to disk as the
base chroot for further sid tests. But now this link suddenly
disappeared after installing+purging the new version, making piuparts
unhappy.