[Piuparts-devel] final batch for 0.77

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed May 3 14:08:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 03:43:05PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> 9b7d0e209 extend some exceptions to dependent packages

thats fine

> 3885b89a0 whitespace cleanup

that has an incorrect replacement from oldstable22testing to wheezy222testing :/

> bdd46b7e4 p.conf.anbe: tune [sid-bl]

this touches more files than p.conf.anbe :/

> 7bda5f746 p.conf.anbe: tune precedence and debugging

thats fine :)

> 6a59fadc5 is_testable_uninstallable: skip distupgrades of ancient uninstallable packages
> 47e15a273 is_testable_uninstallable: skip distupgrades of buggy ancient packages

those two look good.

can you please correct the above? plus a changelog for cf9cc63a8 would be nice :)

> I think you should leave that running for some time and
> after a week without issues make a release and…

agreed on this part…

> try to get
> that into stretch.

but I'm not convinced about this.

 piuparts.py                                                                 |  150 ++++---

alone smells risky and there are many more changes…

what's the downside of having 0.76 in stretch?

> Perhaps add another commit (that should go to master only,
> not to develop) updating the aliases in distros.conf to the
> successor distros to have the mapping valid once stretch gets released.

patches welcome, probably in andreas/for-buster ;-)