[Piuparts-devel] Packages from p-u in "cannot be tested"

Adam D. Barratt adam at adam-barratt.org.uk
Tue May 23 07:27:01 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-23 2:38, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> sorry for the late reply…
>
> On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 08:41:30AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>> Recently I've noticed that a few packages from proposed-updates seem
>> to be
>> ending up in a state of "cannot be tested", with logs that suggest an
>> issue
>> locating the package.
> [...]
>> The previous packages that I saw in this state resolved themselves
>> within a
>> day or so, so I assume were rescheduled.
>
> not exactly rescheduled, but when something in the archive changes and
> their state changes, they get scheduled…

Ok. That seems to have happened in this case.

>> I don't remember seeing this behaviour before. Have I just been
>> unobservant,
>> or has something changed (or possible broken) with the testing?
>
> I've done nothing on this since May 5th and today there are 0 packages
> in the "cannot be tested" state for jessie-pu…

Well, the packages I was seeing the issue with at the time are no longer
in p-u, as there was a point release a few days after my query. :-)

I'll keep an eye out for any future occurences and see if I can catch
them nearer the time they happen.

Regards,

Adam