[Piuparts-devel] MBF for obsolete conffiles - help needed

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu Apr 4 09:59:45 BST 2019

The bug triggering this was #925353, an obsolete /etc/logrotate.d/lava-server-uwsgi-log

There are only three packages having obsolete logrotate.d snippets
among their obsolete conffiles:

stretch2buster/main/pass/lava-server_2019.01-5.log:  OBSOLETE CONFFILE /etc/logrotate.d/lava-scheduler-log REGISTERED BY lava-server (MISSING)
stretch2buster/main/pass/libvirt-daemon-system_5.0.0-1.log.gz:  OBSOLETE CONFFILE /etc/logrotate.d/libvirtd.uml REGISTERED BY libvirt-daemon-system
stretch2buster/main/pass/srptools_22.1-1.log:  OBSOLETE CONFFILE /etc/logrotate.d/srp_daemon REGISTERED BY srptools

Maybe we should get them handled first :-)

The (MISSING) indicates that the obsolete file was deleted in postinst,
so dpkg still knows about it. Using dpkg-maintscript-helper rm_conffile
would have caused dpkg to forget about it since it would be moved aside
in the preinst.

In total we have about 687 obsolete conffiles in 300 packages.
I'm attaching the full list.
The ones with "OWNER CHANGED TO" are probably OK and don't need to be
fixed.