[Piuparts-devel] more bits for buster

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sat Apr 13 14:10:24 BST 2019

7ba912bdc move stale reserved/ packages to recycle/
9e13fbfbd p-s: process queued packages after transient master comm error
525bf418e p-s: share reference chroot metadata between slave instances

on the slaves: find slave -name reference-chroot-metadata.dat -ls -delete
(I had to get rid of 20 GB duplicate stale metadata)

bc1e8fa55 add exception for debianutils/jessie shipping directories with mode 0775
4529c8651 generalize the fakeroot:i386/jessie directory mode 0775 exception
0d9e747df add some fake-essential packages for multi-distro-upgrade tests
b09376b6c detect more variants of some piuparts issues
563ca5544 .gitignore the debiman-piuparts-distill binary
35131c249 handle database upgrades (stable,testing)->sid
e71e13472 preseed grub-pc for cleanup of /boot/grub
a6618c01f work around logrotate config w/o 'missingok' in multi-distro-upgrade tests

e55dd5853 distros.conf: rename buster-proposed to buster-next
d816967dc distros.conf: rename stretch-proposed to stretch-next

IMO, buster-proposed is easily confused with buster-proposed-updates
and then it's difficult to grep for buster-proposed without matching
buster-proposed-updates. This only changes the (internal) distro name
in distros.conf, it does not change the name of the section as seen on
piuparts.d.o. And I somehow like the linux-next idea ...

These are in branch setproctitle:

777c55091 p-m: use setproctitle to indicate the current section
02722682b p-a: use setproctitle to indicate progress and current section
2af9a2a5a dwke: use setproctitle for progress reporting
a089b33c6 p-r: use setproctitle for progress reporting

because they need python-setproctitle (or better piuparts-master-from-git-deps)
installed on pejacevic (and the slaves should get piuparts-slave-from-git-deps),
now that these new metapackages are in stretch-backports ...

That should be most of what I've got ready, a bit cleanup is still pending.
I'm also trying stretch2buster-merged-usr ...

I think you can make an upload out of this end of next week before
going on Easter holidays.

I'll prepare some minimal patches for a subsequent final upload
to buster that changes the definition of oldstable/stable/testing
after Easter. The changes cannot be deployed before the release
happened ...