[Piuparts-devel] restarting slaves individually

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Jun 14 14:45:28 BST 2019

On Thu, Jun 06, 2019 at 08:45:09PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> On 05/06/2019 02.49, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > 22542e959 p-s: re-exec on SIGUSR1, picking up updated code and new config sections
> > 3e9142135 slave-bin/slave_reexec: new, send SIGUSR1 to all running slaves
> >
> > stopping the running slaves may take a long time ... making restarts take a long time,
> > too.
> > Instead have the slaves listen on SIGUSR1 and re-exec themselves as early as possible
> > after receiving the signal - after finishing the current test and flushing logs.
> >
> > 28817e6c7 network_issues: relax the 'Package .* .* not found in .*' pattern
> > 86818aa39 rotate_master_logs: delete master logs older than 90 days
> > c6d2062d4 detect_piuparts_issues: clean up stale temporary and empty files
> > 07a1b2c31 add logratate exception for chef-server-api
> > 1f06f6053 redo the kFreeBSD-only exception
> > c30d9400b add skip_distupgrade_from checking the install candidate version
> > c95599eb7 enigmail/jessie is not installable with thunderbird 60
> > f96b12702 xul-ext-sogo-connector/jessie is not installable with thunderbird 60
> > 66abf2c25 xul-ext-compactheader/wheezy,jessie is not installable with thunderbird 60
>
> > 2ec34c945 do not torture *-dkms packages with ancient kernel headers
>
> removed the last one (needs reworking) and added three more:
>
> 4515a1251 several firefox,tunderbird/wheezy,jessie cruft packages are uninstallable
> 25ef98a12 lib/db: factor out common log processing code
> c8ff41cc5 lib/db: remove stale .kpr files after receiving new logs

thanks, all merged and deploying.

Am I right that we are not missing any changelog entries and thus the
package is ready to be uploaded? I'm pondering an upload to sid in a
very few days...

--
tschau,

In Europe there are people prosecuted by courts because they saved other people
from drowning in the  Mediterranean Sea.  That is almost as absurd  as if there
were people being prosecuted because they save humans from drowning in the sea.