[Piuparts-devel] Help with libelogind0 piuparts failure

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Sun Mar 17 15:54:15 GMT 2019

Hello,

I am trying to understand the piuparts failure on my recent upload of
libelogind0 (src:elogind) to sid.

https://piuparts.debian.org/sid-strict/fail/libelogind0_241.1-1+debian1.log

As far as I can see the failure arises because piuparts generates a dummy
metapackage with the same Conflicts (libsystemd0, systemd) as
libelogind0. However, the metapackage doesn't contain the necessary Provides and
Replaces so causes the removal of essential packages.

Therefore, I think this is a false positive or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Mark