[Piuparts-devel] MBF for obsolete conffiles - help needed

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu Mar 28 17:20:25 GMT 2019

Hi,

we already have the data:
https://piuparts.debian.org/stretch2buster/obsolete_conffiles_issue.html
but so far we haven't been acting on it.

But I just analyzed a piuparts failure in buster caused by an obsolete
logrotate config file from jessie that didn't get cleaned up on the
upgrades to neither stretch nor buster: #925353

I'm not going to do the MBF myself (300 packages as of now), but I'll
gladly help reviewing a template.

I'd say Severity: important for now, but we should discuss early in the
bullseye release cycle whether to make them RC for bullseye.