[Piuparts-devel] piuparts and swi-prolog 8.2.0+dfsg-1

Lev Lamberov dogsleg at debian.org
Mon Jun 8 17:29:34 BST 2020

Hi,

I need some help with understanding piuparts and making it happy.
Recently I uploaded swi-prolog 8.2.0+dfsg-1 and piuparts marks it as
failing. The relevant part of log is as follows:

0m13.2s DEBUG: Starting command: ['debsums', '--root', '/srv/piuparts.debian.org/tmp/tmp24pv48t1', '-ac', '--ignore-obsolete']
0m13.8s DUMP:
  /srv/piuparts.debian.org/tmp/tmp24pv48t1/usr/lib/swi-prolog/library/INDEX.pl
0m13.8s DEBUG: Command failed (status=2), but ignoring error: ['debsums', '--root', '/srv/piuparts.debian.org/tmp/tmp24pv48t1', '-ac', '--ignore-obsolete']
0m13.8s ERROR: FAIL: debsums reports modifications inside the chroot:
  /usr/lib/swi-prolog/library/INDEX.pl

This file, /usr/lib/swi-prolog/library/INDEX.pl, is generated by postint
script and contains information about installed swi-prolog packages for
make it possible to autoload them (autoload is Prolog directive).
SWI-Prolog packages are distributed in several separate Debian packages.
Previously it were swi-prolog-{nox,x,java,odbc,bdb}, now there are
swi-prolog-{core,core-packages,nox,x,java,odbc,bdb}. Previously INDEX.pl
was generated only by postinst script in swi-prolog-nox. Now it is
generated by all of these packages (except swi-prolog-x), since it is
possible to have different sets of installed SWI-Prolog packages, and we
need to have INDEX.pl specific for each set (that is, the set currently
installed).

I'm not sure why, but previously INDEX.pl _was_ removed and regenerated
by swi-prolog-nox postinst script without flagging fail from the
piuparts side.

So, my main question is how to make piuparts happy again?

Cheers!
Lev