[Piuparts-devel] The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened?

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Fri Mar 20 23:16:13 GMT 2020

On 20/03/2020 23.00, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
> I'll follow up with a bug report (with a reproducer) against apt later.

This could be related to our usage of dpkg-deb --nocheck for building
the .deb to allow for version numbers starting with non-digits as found
in certain ancient packages (lenny/squeeze). That option should also
suppress any normalization done by dpkg-deb.

Please ensure you can reproduce this in apt without dpkg-deb --nocheck

But then again, I don't think a certain field order is required by any
specification.